Bollywood music saw some drastic changes in the 80s. The modern sound of music emerged in this decade which in return paved way for more exploration in the decades to come. The 80s saw an amazing fusion between traditional Indian beats and western aspects of music. Love songs with poetic lyrics were excessively popular during this decade. All these things combined, the songs from this decade managed to carve a niche for themselves and find recognition around the globe. To celebrate the music from the 80s, here is our list of top 10 Bollywood songs from the 80s.
- Gazab Ka Hai Yeh Din: From the movie Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, this song shot Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla to fame. This romantic song with cute chemistry between the actors definitely deserves a spot on our list. It has been remade a couple of times.
- My name is Lakhan: We haven’t met a single person who does not know the hook step to this song. This song from Ram Lakhan is still so popular that just the initial beats are enough to get you dancing.
- Mere Rang Mein Rangnewali: This movie made Salman Khan a star and a household name. Maine Pyar Kiya was and will be the ultimate romantic movie with equally romantic songs. Salman Khan and Bhagyashree’s chemistry in this song is irrefutable.
- Dekha Ek Khwaab: Amitabh Bachchan and Rekha romancing amidst the Keukenhof Tulip Garden in the Netherlands to this melodious song. Nothing can define romance better than this.
- Ek Do Teen: This song from Tezaab shot Madhuri Dixit to fame almost overnight. Her moves to this energetic song can never be forgotten. Such is the fame of the song that it was recently remade for another Bollywood movie.
- Sara Zamana: Who can ever forget Amitabh Bachchan and his suit that lights up? This song from the movie Yaarana was sung by Kishore Kumar and composed by Rajesh Roshan. This is one of the most iconic songs fro the 80s. To listen to this Hindi songs online, download it today.
- Om Shanti Om: Picturized on Rishi Kapoor, this song from the movie Karz is one of the actor’s most well-known songs. It was an iconic song from the decade and will always be remembered for Rishi Kapoor dancing in his shiny suit. Later a movie was made using the title of the song.
- Tumko Dekha Toh Yeh Khayal Aya: Jagjit Singh’s voice has a magic that can never be explained. ‘Zindagi Dhoop, Tum Ghana Saaya’ what better way to tell someone that you love them.
- I Am a Disco Dance: This song from Disco Dancer defines the disco decade that was the 80s in such an apt manner. You never have to ask someone to Jhumo and Nacho to this song, that happens naturally.
- Laila Ho Laila: Zeenat Aman was one of the most beautiful actresses Bollywood has ever seen. Her crooning to this song and saying Laila Main Laila was so poetic.
Comments are closed.